Saturday, September 19, 2009

Modern Man in Search of a Soul - Begun 2009.09.19

As part of my hunt for Dog Whisperer equivalencies in philosophers, I more or less randomly picked-up, again,

by
Modern Man in Search of Soul
Originally published by Harcourt, Brace, Jonavich in 1933. Tr. W. S. Dell and Cary F. Baynes.

Began re-read Sept 19, 2009. although I am jumping into the book willy-nilly and not reading it front to back.

A quick Google search will reveal that this book is well received. And I think deservedly so. Although, now that I've been reading the RFC Hull translations, I find this translation not quite as strong. Nonetheless this is an excellent comprehensive introduction to Jung's ideas, by Jung himself, in very approachable language. In it, much like an excellent diary, he expresses his concerns about the validity of his ideas, how they may or may not stand against rigid scientific 'repeatable' truth because the nature of the individual is uniqueness and what will aid one's movement through life will cripple another's.

I am plastering it with sticky notes of equivalencies with Cesar Millan's approach to the lives of dogs and their pack leaders.


No comments:

Post a Comment